A balanced life, increased self-awareness, the ability to identify a wide array of emotions and regulate intense feelings will reduce conflict and improve your relationships. Becoming proficient at these practices can be fostered through individual therapy, couples counseling, or family system support therapy.
Here are a few reasons others have taken the relational health path:
- After much success, a sense or desire to connect more deeply in the next phase of life
- Increase EQ (emotional intelligence) and adapt the skills to every facet of relationships
- Unresolved family conflict that prevents emotional closeness
- Feeling unloved or disconnected from a partner that diminishes emotional, relational and sexual connection
- Parents wanting to support their emerging young adults with increased freedom, responsibilities, and appropriate boundary setting.